FBReader is an e-book reader for various platforms.
- Supported e-book formats are
- ePub, an international e-publishing standard.
- fb2, a Russian e-books standard de facto.
- plucker, one of the most popular Palm e-book format.
- Non-DRM'd version of Mobipocket, a popular commercial e-book format.
- More formats.
- Direct reading from tar, zip, gzip and bzip2 archives. (Multiple books in one archive are supported.)
- Automatic library building.
- Automatic language and character encoding detection is supported.
- Automatically generated contents table.
- Embedded images support.
- Footnotes/hyperlinks support.
- Position indicator.
- Keeps the last open book and the last read positions for all opened books between runs.
- List of last opened books.
- Automatic hyphenations. Liang's algorithm is used. The same algorithm is used in TeX, and TeX hyphenation patterns are used in FBReader. Patterns for Czech, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian are included in the current version.
- Text search.
- Full-screen mode.
- Screen rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees.